Monday, October 19, 2009

Well today it's some deep cleaning for Mike's dorm room and a little sprucing up. I just finished taking apart the stove top, which must be 30 years old, and sadly the grease under the burners was about the same age. YUCK!!!! Oh, well, a little Dawn and hot water have rectified the problem. I know that Mike would never have realized that the burner plates were dirty but I'm cooking this week and I insist on clean!

A trip to the BX provided some simple comforts...a small entryway rug, two bath rugs and some fresh towels. My favorite find was the Crock Pot though. I'm putting on some chili for tonight and we'll have a little fall-spirit here in Kunsan.

Last night we took a trip to A-Town and enjoyed some delicious Bu Gol Gi. We ordered way too much food but today's lunch was fantastic due to our mistake. The restaurant was 3 four-seat tables against one wall with the owner/cook working her magic against the other wall. She was so excited to see the two small children accompanying our small party and lit up at their entrance.

We have become comfortable saying hello and thank you in Korean and are working on goodbye. It's amazing that after a few days you begin to recognize the greetings that you were sure you never would. I got a pleased giggle from the maid in Mike's dorm when I said goodbye when leaving the laundry room. Hopefully I said it right but who knows....

Anyway, off to scrub something else. I ought to mention that the room was extremely neat and tidy but the layer of dust on everything seems to have gone unnoticed. Not anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment